The safety and comfort of ridership in public transport largely depends on a transportation culture of individual passengers. Certain behavior, such as gathering by doors, impeding passengers at exits, and stopping minibuses at inappropriate places represent a challenge for safe and comfortable transportation.
The project will conduct an information campaign to promote awareness and responsibility towards other passengers on public transport. The campaign will also include safety-related recommendations, which can be useful in an extraordinary situations.
The project will be a part of Urban Lab’s information campaign regarding safe and comfortable travel. The campaign includes the following messages:
• How to respect the comfort of everyone on public transport;
• How to behave while boarding on and off so that the process is smoother and faster;
• Good and bad practices while using subway escalator;
• How vandalism is damaging our own property;
• Procedures in case of subway derailment;
• Methods to stop minibuses in ways which reduce risks of accidents and traffic jams;
• How to sit to respect the space of others;
• How to manage luggage and backpacks to maximize space and minimize discomfort;
We will hire designer to create clear and catchy infographics and share them online. In order to increase the target audience, we will print flyers with the infographics and distribute them at busy public transport hubs: subway entrances, bus stops, and the central railway station.
A number of activities planned within the information campaign do not require funding from external sources. The current proposal seeks funding for the following budget-dependent activities:
• Design 8 infographics based on specific messages;
• Promote infographics through social networks (boosting);
• Print 20 thousand flyers using 8 infographics;
• Distribute flyers among public transport passengers.
After the successful implementation of the previous project (placing maps on subways), Urban Lab is planning to continue activities that will increase comfort of public transport. The promotion of good practices were indicated among components of the sustainability of the previous project.
In addition to those budgeted activities, we also plan other activities using our own resources as part of the information campaign:
• Negotiate with the City Hall and the Tbilisi Transport Company to increase the distribution of the the infographics;
• Conduct public transport-related public lectures at universities, (Tbilisi State University, Ilia State University, Georgian Technical University, GIPA and others);
• Involve public faces into the campaign, through video messages and FB promotions.
Equal gender opportunity:
Urban Lab considers the principle of equal gender opportunity as one of the cornerstones of modern inclusive society. Representatives of both gender groups are equally involved in Urban Lab’s activities. The principle of equal gender opportunity was also protected in a contest for the best design of the subway map. The results of the campaign for a safe and comfortable ride in public transport will have positive impacts for passengers of all age and gender groups.
|Designing 8 infographics||
The infographics will bear specific messages for safe and comfortable ride, presented in a clear and catchy form.
|Dissemination of 20 thousands flyers||
20,000 flyers will be disseminated among passengers at various crowded places: subway entrances, bus stops, central railway station.
Specific vendor will be selected later
|Printing 20 thousands flyers||
We will print 20 thousands flyers with infographics for dissemination among passengers.
Priniting House Damani
6, Chanchibadze str, Tbilisi, Georgia 0164
https://www.facebook.com/printhousedamani/577 33 38 55
|Dissemination of the infographics through social network (boosting)||
We will put inforgaphics as a FB note and boost in order to increase the audience.