The goal of the project is to make orientation in Tbilisi subway easier for passengers, especially visitors unfamiliar with the Tbilisi subway scheme.
We are going to print and place Tbilisi subway scheme posters in the wagons. Due to limitation of resources, we are going to place two posters per each wagon. We will place two 45x45 posters in 162 subway wagons that are currently in service and reserve in Tbilisi subway: 324 posters in total.
The posters will bear the scheme of Tbilisi subway line with the important landmarks of Tbilisi, such as the Kura river and well-known buildings, squares or streets near each station.
We will cooperate with the Tbilisi Transport Company (TCC), the company that operates the Tbilisi Subway in designing the posters and ask permission to place them in wagons. We have two options for designing the posters:
1) We will prepare the design free of charge and finalize it through cooperation with TTC;
2) We will announce an open competition of ideas for the best design of the posters in Facebook. A special jury will select the best design and award a price of 100 GEL, that we will contribute to the project. We will invite representatives of TTC, Tbilisi City Hall, Tbilisi Sakrebulo and urban experts as members of the jury.
After placing the posters in subway wagons, it will be easier to propose more ideas about making Tbilisi Subway more comfortable for passenger. We have number of ideas regarding the development of Tbilisi Subway, for which we may seek additional funding from potential donors or propose them to TTC and Tbilisi City Hall. The ideas include:
1. Placing the plain schemes of the subway upon wagon doors, 8 schemes per wagons (the plain schemes representing lines will let passengers know how close the station they are going is and they won't need to look at the larger posters in the wagon every time);
2. Placing large boxes of Tbilisi map with subway and bus lines in the upper and lower subway stations;
3. Placing bus routes and schedules at the bus stops;
4. Drawing lines opposite to where the wagon doors stop at the subway stations, that will help organize the passengers on the stations and make boarding more comfortable and fast;
5. Placing posters about behaving in the subway.
Equal gender opportunity:
In a broader terms, an example of one successful grass root activity in Tbilisi subway and visibility of this activity for all passengers will help engage more citizens to volunteer in activities for improving the infrastructure in their community, which will help everyone.
Printing 324 subway scheme posters, 45x45 cm each.
Panorama Advertsing Company
Tbilisi 34/36a Tsagareli st.
|1 640,25 ₾|