Parents of children with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) often find it hard to communicate and interrelate with their children. Consequently, many parents limit the social contact of these children. This is exactly what hinders the ability of the child to integrate into society and become independent.
The project “Perceive the World” will teach these parents how to connect with their children, develop communication strategies, and integrate them into society with the help of a psychologist and daily exercises.
By observing the children’s communication and by determining their needs, we will plan the exercises for the auditory and visual development. The project will be carried out in children’s psychological development center Green House and it will benefit the children with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) as well as other members of the Green House including children, parents, and psychologists.
In order to carry out the project, we plan:
1. Video lessons for speech development, which will help the children to master the phrases required for communication.
2. Teaching with audible sounds, which will contribute to developing imagination. Children will be able to identify the voices of animals, birds and humans.
3. By means of visual effects the children will learn to perceive colors, differentiate emotions, etc.
4. Video clips that will be fit for the needs of the project beneficiaries.
5. Exercises in communication.
In Samtskhe-Javakheti, Akhaltsikhe, a psychological service center for children called Green House has been functioning since 2011. Parents, with the help of a psychologist, can learn how to communicate with the children and children can adapt to the environment.
Green House is one of the institutions in Georgia which works using a psycho-analytical method with children. The principle of working is available and desirable for the community. The sustainability of the result of the project “Perceive the World” is ensured by the work orientation of Green House, that is why we want to give the items gained from the project to the children’s mental disorders prevention center.
We hope that the skills learned in this project will have a long-term impact on the lives of the children and their families.
Equal gender opportunity:
Green House is open to everyone who needs it.
|პროექტორი benq ms504||
Brightness: 3,000 Lumens
|ნოუთბუქი Asus E402SA-WX007D Blue||